KEWIL Jaw crushers
Jaw crushers are primary crushers used for the processing of hard feedstocks, such as rock and concrete. This is made possible with the help of a pair of vertical jaws lined with replaceable manganese steel plates. One jaw is fixed and the other moves back and forth.
The important features are:
- The crusher is made of cast steel.
- The jaws of the crusher are made of manganese steel.
- The opening of the jaws is adjustable from 20 mm to 6 mm and its capacity is 200 kilograms per hour.
- The crusher is provided with a hopper at the top for pouring materials.
- The equipment is supplied with 3 HP electric motor, triple V-belt pulley type and mounting frame.
The various components of jaw crusher are :
- Crusher Frame
- Jaw Stock
- Eccentric Shaft
- Anti-friction Bearings
- Crushing Jaws
- Wedge Setting Block
- Toggle Plates
- Side Plates
- Fly Wheels
- Draw Back Strings & Fittings
Working Principle of Jaw Crusher
The working principle of these crusher is based on modern design, that is, "crushing without rubbing."
The equipment consists of two Jaws, one is fixed and the other moves back and forth. The jaws are positioned in such a way that there is a wide opening at the top, known as the gape, and a narrow discharge aperture at the bottom, set to the desired output size. The pitman lever moving on an eccentric shaft on bearing suspend the moving jaw on the center pin. The material held in between the two jaws are crushed by mechanical pressure.
There are very useful in aggregate industries for crushing rocks and stones. Some of the areas where they are commonly used are :
• Building Construction
• Roadways Construction
• Aggregate Production
• Concrete Preparation